Faster to Your Water Disaster! – SERVPRO of Yuba City and Grass Valley
SERVPRO of Yuba City and Grass Valley is here to help you on your next water or flood loss!
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours, and neither do we.
SERVPRO of Yuba City and Grass Valley provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Water and flood damage are very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and quickly gets absorbed into floors, walls, and furniture.
SERVPRO of Yuba City and Grass Valley responds quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps minimize the damage, and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7! – 530-645-6304
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Yuba City and Grass Valley
SERVPRO of Yuba City and Grass Valley specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Recent Storm? Here’s Some Tips on How to Check Your Home for Damage
SERVPRO of Yuba City and Grass Valley is always here to help!
The Importance of Conducting a Storm Damage Inspection
While your home protects you from the wrath of Mother Nature, it should also be thoroughly checked for problems after every storm.
You may not have reason to suspect that your home has been damaged by a passing storm. However, once the inclement weather has safely passed, it’s important to check for any issues. This is also a great time to make emergency repairs and assess if an insurance claim is needed.
The following is a handy storm checklist from the National Storm Damage Center:
The roof is typically one of the most vulnerable areas during a storm. Hail, wind, rain and debris can adversely impact it. The following indicators can help in your assessment:
• Holes or tears in the roof
• Split seams
• Lost or missing shingles
• Ceiling or roof leaks
The Exterior of the Dwelling
Materials such as brick, siding and stucco are usually heavy and durable. However, during a storm, they can withstand significant damage. In some cases, problems may not be noticed until it’s too late to file an insurance claim, so you need to be diligent in your determination:
• Chipping, cracking, dents and dings are obvious signs that there is a problem. Even if your siding appears to be fine at first, you want to check it at varying times of the day. Different stages of lighting can showcase problems that you may have missed.
• Small or large holes in the stucco. No matter if the hole is small or large, this is a serious issue for a homeowner. If you find a hole or blemish, a knowledgeable and trustworthy company such as SERVPRO can conduct a thorough inspection of the property.
• Damaged tuck pointing and brick. Brick is a solid material when it comes to homes. However, it should be thoroughly checked for problems following a storm.
• Detached or ruined gutters, trim, downspouts, etc. Gutters, trim, downspouts and other exterior materials on a home are instrumental in its protection. If anything is out of sorts, it should be immediately repaired.
Driveways, Walkways, and Porches
Concrete can split, chip and crack with continuous storms and rain. This can reduce the lifespan of your walkway driveway or porch. To alleviate a safety issue, you’ll want to assess it for any imperfections.
Trees and Fallen Limbs
According to the National Storm Damage Center, fallen trees and branches can cause billions of dollars in damages every year. Most property owners would handle the removal of debris, even if the limbs or trees came from your neighbor’s property. Your insurance company may help in the retrieval of the costs, but it’s dependent on the type of policy and circumstances surrounding the incident.
• Severe storms may knock down power and electrical lines. If this occurs on your property, you’ll want to cordon off the area approximately 30 feet in various directions from the fallen line. It’s also important to call the power company and 911 immediately.
• After a storm, you also want to assess the remainder of your property including fences, air-conditioning units, caps, vents etc. If your vehicle was left out of the garage, it would also need to be checked over for damage.
• Crawl spaces and basements should be looked over for water or flooding.
Document as much of the damage as possible by taking photos at various angles.
Finally, it’s important to comprehend your homeowner’s coverage, limits, and deductibles before a problem occurs.
In case something happens, you’ll be thoroughly prepared for any storm or disaster. Should you need any help with water or storm damage, or clean-up call the professionals from SERVPRO of Yuba City and Grass Valley to get an inspection.
Experiencing a Water Damage? Let SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley Help You!
Call SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley for your next loss! We’re always here to help
Experiencing a water damage in your home or business isn’t a common problem. However, when it does occur it can become overwhelming. When situations that you are unfamiliar with arise, such as a burst pipe; toilet backup; shower leak; or a leaking sink that you didn’t realize until it was too late; a million questions come to mind and you may not have all the answers. That’s why SERVPRO is here to help!
Here at SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley, we want to help minimize your stress. We’re available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help minimize the interruption and ease your stress. We work alongside you and your insurance company and adjuster to help ensure that your job is completed in a timely manner. Our number one goal is to make you feel “Like it never even happened.” ®
What some homeowners and business owners may not realize is the water involved in a damage may be highly contaminated. Not every water damage situation is treacherous to your health, but some are and need to be taken care of with proper safety measures.
For example, highly contaminated water that comes from sources such as sewage backup, overflowing toilets, or storm water is among the most polluted and can cause serious illness or even death.
Using a professional mitigation company ensures that all cleanup and restoration is handled correctly. SERVPRO of Grass Valley/ Loma Rica provides extensive and ongoing training to our employees to make sure they are qualified to handle any category of water loss.
Here are the different categories of water losses that can occur:
- Category 1: “Clean Water” may come from a source that poses no substantial harm or threat. Examples would be water overflowing from running a bath, leaking supply line from the fridge, ice maker, or washing machine are good examples.
- Category 2: “Grey Water” may pose a health risk due to levels of contamination from bacteria, mold and/or chemicals. Examples included dirty water from draining washing machines, dishwashers, leaks from aquariums or water beds, and urine.
- Category 3: “Black Water” contains serious disease-causing organisms, toxins, and is highly unsanitary. Examples are sewer backflow, a broken toilet bowl, and flood waters. Flood water is considered category three due to the possibility of chemicals and organisms found in lawn chemicals, fertilizers, animal feces, decaying ground debris, and over filled sewage or septic systems. During a category three water loss all technicians must wear personal protective equipment (PPE), and all affected objects must be removed (carpeting, padding, sheetrock, etc.).
Large or small, SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley is here to help! Let us help you on your next emergency
Commercial, Fire, Water and Mold Cleaning Restoration Services – Yuba City and Grass Valley Areas
SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley is here to help your business!
SERVPRO of Yuba City/Grass Valley restores damaged businesses in the Sutter, Yuba, and Nevada County areas. We appreciate our customers and understand the importance of getting your business back up and running.
Through our many years servicing our community we have developed valuable relationships with local businesses to help them plan for emergency response, disaster recovery, and business continuity. All SERVPRO’s are locally owned and operated. Check out our Company Profile to find out more about our story.
Here at SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley we want you to know that you’re getting the best service possible. Our staff completes SERVPRO corporate extensive training and we encourage all employees to attend IICRC certification classes. Our highly trained staff is ready to respond 24/7, 365.
Some Commercial Loss Services Include:
- Identifying your businesses or offices priorities
- Expediting the insurance process and meeting specific requirements tailored to your insurance company
- Because we are part of the highly respected national SERVPRO brand we have the experience, contacts, and resources available to handle any size loss
- Deodorizing and sanitation
- Providing a full scope of services such as reconstructions, cleaning, drying, and temporary storage
- Equipment and resources to bring commercial office buildings, schools, restaurants and hotels, government buildings, churches and warehouses to a fully recovered and to a “back in business” state in the shortest time possible.
Commercial buildings are also public spaces which require special considerations for employee and customer health and safety. As a business owner your focus is on a damage costs, business and revenue disruption, and safety. SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley is well versed in the details of workplace air quality and surface biohazard safety.
Water damages, if not handled correctly, can often lead to mold.
Fire damages leave smoke, soot, and ash residue which can get into the walls, floors, and HVAC systems of commercial buildings.
Mold and mildew, along with airborne dust and debris can become a complex cleaning job. This is what we at SERVPRO of Grass Valley/ Loma Rica do best. We understand commercial risk and are certified in IICRC commercial restoration guidelines for effective commercial property loss mitigation.
- We seal entryways and open areas
- We use negative air systems and commercial air scrubbers to extract and clean contaminated air
- Our air scrubbers are fitted with industrial HEPA filters
- Our SERVPRO technicians are fitted with respirators and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Every project step is documented and supervised by a Project Manager or Crew Chief to ensure quick and professional results
SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley is your business resource for any size clean up project! From a leaking bathroom to a storm to a fire related roof collapse, call us SERVPRO! Anytime of the day or night, SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley is always here to help!
Does your business have an Emergency Ready Program?
Call SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley! We’re always here to help!
Is your business prepared for the worst?
With the threat of wildfires, flooding, and vandalism the North State has seen in the past years, having a plan in place is essential.
Being prepared is crucial for making it through any kind of disruption the weather may bring, whether it be from a fallen tree, leaking roof, burst pipe, or fire. It's hard to imagine something like that happening to you, but when it does it's always at the worst times. Understanding what to expect in advance is key to helping minimize any time lost for your business. SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley is here to help!
We offer an Emergency Ready Profile at NO COST to you!
This profile contains important and helpful information you and your staff will need in case of an emergency such as gas, water, and electrical shut offs, a list of preferred contacts for electricians, plumbers, or your utility company. There is an app for smart phones and tablets, a hard copy is delivered to your business, along with tags placed on shut off valves informing you and your staff of the proper steps to safely shut off.
By working with SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley to create your custom Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) you will be one step closer to reducing the potential loss your business could experience from a water, fire, or mold damage.
SERVPRO is a leader in fire and water damage, with a 24/7 on call service we can help you quickly get your home or business running like normal.
When life happens, call SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley
Winter is Here! Follow These Tips to Stay Safe This Chilly Season!
Call SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley! We’re always here to help!
With the recent public safety power outages, some homeowners may be forced to take uncommon and drastic measures to provide heat. Ensure that you’re following all safety guidelines for the methods you use, whether it be an inside propane burner, candles, wood stoves or open flames. Even when the power is on traditional space heaters and electric blankets deserve precautions – clearing away low hanging sheets, towels and checking extension cords for bad plugs and frayed insulation. This is the time of year when fires in kitchens and living areas occur most. Our highly trained SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley technicians understand that accidents happen.
Helpful Tips for Home Fire Safety
- When the power is out, it is usually a bad choice to use propane heating units inside living areas simply because of the danger of carbon monoxide build up. CO2 is highly lethal in strong concentrations. Without odor or smell the gas from internal space heaters can cause loss of consciousness for occupants.
- Extra caution is advised with an open heating flame being too close to unseen combustible material such as paper, bed sheets and fabric towels.
- When the power is on be on the lookout for damaged electric wall sockets and exposed wiring in extension cords. Also keep in mind that home electrical wiring and the circuit breaker can only take so much wattage on a circuit. Always follow the voltage limits and manufacturer directions on the device.
More Tips for Space and Propane Heater Safety
- Space heaters require a clear, flat surface for safety and to remain stable while in operation.
- Don’t put space heaters on carpets or rugs.
- Newer model heaters are installed with a floor shut off device that if the unit is leaning or falls shut off occurs. Check your heater to make sure it has that device.
- The key safety point for propane heaters is to have adequate ventilation to outside air. Also, battery powered combination smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed around heating areas can be potential life savers – especially at night when temperatures drop, heaters are left on and occupants are asleep.
- Finally, children, pets and the elderly or those persons with compromised immune systems can be especially susceptible to the inhalation of invisible heater off-gassing, fumes and CO2.
Your friends here at SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley hope that by implementing the above guidelines you may never have to experience the impact of a fire damage resulting from unsafe space heaters, propane heating units, or electrical device malfunctions.
If you do experience any fire damage events in your home call us immediately for a fast day or night response from our trained and qualified technicians.
Call SERVPRO of Yuba City/ Grass Valley Today!